Sidney, Ohio was founded in 1819 with the donation of seventy arces, located by the Great Maimi River by Charles Starrett. From 1840 to 1913, the Maimi Erie Canal made Sidney a town of trade and export.
As use of the canals declined, railroads developed continuing this tradition. The development of the Instertate System in the 1950s, took over as Sidney’s main transporation outlet. In 1964 it earned the title of “All-American City.”
Large format 4"x5" photography series shot during summer of 2011. Film was hand developed, scanned and digitally edited.
Thanks so much to Anna Martinovich and Devon Selzer for all the help caring the equipment from location to location!